To create and build a conscious, committed, disciplined, community focused, spiritually grounded, knowledge based, physically prepared, and technologically trained Pan African Youth Corps. The Simba Wachanga view Africa as a Global Entitiy, joining the continent and diaspora under the common African Spiritual Values of Ma'at (Truth, Justice, Balance, Harmony, Order, Propriety and Reciprocity) and Secular Values, the Nguzo Saba (7 Principles; Unity, Self Determination, Collective Work and Responsibility, Cooperative Economics, Purpose, Creativity and Faith)
"TOWARDS OUR RADIANT FUTURE" - Former President of Burkina Faso, Thomas Sankara
"BUILDING FOR ETERNITY......FOR HISTORY AND OURSELVES " - ANCIENT KEMET
"BRINGING GOOD TO THE WORLD" - ODU IFA
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO OUR PEOPLE AND STRUGGLE:
Our unity in sisterhood, brotherhood, and struggle is profound, principled and forever. Our Struggle is constantly and continuously against our oppressors and against all is us which is in contradiction to our values and the choice we've made. We choose the liberation of our people as our life's goal, and struggle as a method to achieve it. Our choice is conscious, full and free and we accept all risks and welcome all rewards it brings. We have nothing better, more revolutionary or rewarding to do with our lives than to struggle to bring into being a new world, a world in which we, our children and our people can live, love and create freely and stand and walk in a warmer sun.
NOTE: Us Organization Pledge of Allegiance to our People and Struggle
Black - for our people everywhere, the first and most global people on the planet
Red - For the Righteous Struggle we wage for a higher level of life, and the blood our ancestors have shed, and that our enemies will.
Green - Represents our Future, Youth, and New Ideas which will guide us towards achieving our collective goals and aspirations.
1. Rites of Passage - from adolescence to adulthood
2. Training Ground for Community and Student Organizers
3. Served as a National Community and Family Unit for adherents - values and aspirations for a higher level of life were shared.
4. Youth leaders were trained to promote and institute Cultural Nationalist and Pan Africanist ideology on local, state, regional, national, and throughout the Pan African World. Steven Biko, the leader of the Black Consciousness Movement in South Africa, utilized the Nguzo Saba as a foundation for organizing.
5. It taught and encouraged a variety of skill sets which could be used in Nation Building, e.g. teachers, soldiers/warriors, communication technicians, parenting, priests, students, artists, engineering, contractors, scientists, community leaders, political operatives, civic leadership, union organizers, etc.
6. Trained to become an efficient, disciplined, and effective Defensive Force in protection of Development goals achieved in the Civil Rights and Black Power Movements.
The Simba of the current era have chosen to call themselves, Pan African Simba Wachanga Movement. Statistics show that, on the African Continent alone, 50% of the population is 25 years old and under. Thus, in a Post Independence, African Renaissance Period, we must redefine and refine the Role, Relevance and Function of the Simba Movement to ensure that it responds to the wants, needs and aspirations of the Global African Family and Community.
(Concepts for Living in Balance and Propriety)
I have not violated Community values or principles
I have not committed robbery with violence
I have not stolen
I have not slain men and women
I have not stolen food
I have not swindled offerings
I have not stolen from the Temple
I have not told lies
I have not carried away food
I have not cursed
I have not closed my ears to truth
I have not committed adultery
I have not made anyone cry
I have not felt sorrow without reason
I have not assaulted anyone
I am not deceitful
I have not stolen anyone's land
I have not been an eavesdropper
I have not falsely accused anyone
I have not been angry without reason
I have not seduced anyone's wife
I have not polluted myself
I have not terrorized anyone
I have not disobeyed the law
I have not been excessively angry
I have not cursed that which is held to be Sacred
I have not behaved with violence
I have not caused disruption of peace
I have not acted hastily or without thought
I have not overstepped my boundaries of concern
I have not exaggerated my words when speaking
I have not worked evil
I have not used evil thoughts, words or deeds
I have not polluted the water
I have not spoken angrily or arrogantly
I have not cursed anyone in thought, word or deed
I have not placed myself on a pedestal
I have not stolen that which belongs to the Temple
I have not stolen from or disrespected the deceased
I have not taken food from a child
I have not acted with insolence
I have not destroyed property belonging to the Temple