b. learning African centered spirituality and values training - Maat, Ifa, Dogon, Zulu, Akhan, etc .
c. Basic knowledge and understanding of Black History - Kemet, Songhay, Mali,Ghana Reconstruction, Harlem Renassaince, Black Cultural Revolution.
d. Development of a Standard Exercise Routine to be done Collectively, every morning, much as Chinese do Tai Chi.
a.how to plan, use and assess a personal schedule.
b. learning to set and accept responsibility for personal priorities.
c.Practicing collective decision-making and/or organizing.
d. Time Management and Physical Work out Regimen
The Friends of the African Union (FAU) and Congress of African People (CAP) views Food Security and Agricultural Development as top priorities facing the Pan African Community. Let's explore a few reasons why:
1. Much of African Culture is based on an Agrarian Foundation. Lest we forget that our foreparents brought to the West were brought for our farming skills. Many of our parents were either born or raised on farms in the South.
2. Much of the land which African Americans owned was/is farm land, though much has been lost, and we must work to regain those losses. Therefore, we have an historical and spiritual relationship to the land base, as do Native Americans.
3. 85% of the Worlds Food supply is owned by 5 or less multi-national companies, These companies promote and lobby for the distribution of genetically modified foods (GMO), much of which can be connected to disease processes in our bodies. Thru these companies criminal and inhumane practices, they seek to dominate the food market by making seeds which only last one time, and making toxic fertilizers, which kill off the soil base.
4. These disease processes compromises our health and causes our people to become victims of a system which serves people bad food (GMO), causing them to enter the health care system early, and then further victimized by a health care system which addicts us to pharmeceudicals rather than farmeceudicals.
5. We at CAP adopt Keidi Awadu's admonition and policy, that we must make "Food our Medicine, and Medicine our Food".Farm/Garden grown foods and herbs are nature's way of providing the proper nutritional balance and healing for our Body Temples.
6. The growing and preparation of food has always been a spiritually based practice in our community, and when we are disassociated with them, our spiritual balance and center is thrown into disharmony, and we become alienated from a key aspect of our Spiritual Culture. Western culture breeds such alienation, and organic food becomes a way of reconnecting to our Body Temples.
7. While Africa is known mostly for its mineral wealth, it also has one of the richest soil bases in the world, and most every food product can be grown there. Thus, gaining control of our Food Production is a key element of economic empowerment and development
POLICY CONSIDERATIONS FOR FOOD SOVEREIGNTY
1. Recognition of Africa as the Food Basket of the World
D. We must seek to own our own Food companies which value our health and sovereignty rights.